Burton Energy Group
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Service and Product Provider
Burton Energy Group helps its clients—commercial businesses with multiple geographically diverse facilities—to optimize energy efficiency. Burton Energy Group is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for creating and managing client energy plans that improve energy efficiency and environmental performance, mitigate price risk, stabilize utility budgets, and lower overall energy operating costs. The company’s dozens of clients in retail, hospitality, restaurant services, and distribution rely on Burton Energy Group to share best practices. The company leverages ENERGY STAR processes, educational materials, tracking and benchmarking tools to help its clients optimize their energy performance and reduce their operating costs, while reducing the environmental impact of operating buildings. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® to benchmark and track the energy performance of more than 1,800 facilities, accounting for more than nine percent of its client portfolio.
- Helping more than 160 client buildings earn ENERGY STAR certification in 2014.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager web services to calculate and display ENERGY STAR scores on Burton’s Energy Portal dashboard for clients.
- Embedding the 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year logo in the email signature of every Burton employee, resulting in more than 320,000 impressions in 2014.
- Drawing on ENERGY STAR Bring Your Green to Work materials to engage employees in energy conservation and efficiency.