Bullitt County Public Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Bullitt County Public Schools (BCPS) is a school district in Kentucky. BCPS has demonstrated a continued commitment to increasing and optimizing energy efficiency in their buildings as well as engaging students and the community through ENERGY STAR® tools and resources. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving recognition as an ENERGY STAR Certification Nation Premier member by earning the ENERGY STAR for 18 schools in 2022.
- Increasing the district average ENERGY STAR score to 91, representing sustained reductions in energy use of 50% since 2006.
- Optimizing HVAC equipment through smart analytics, scheduling, and live dashboards that allow the district energy manager to identify issues in real time and share performance data with students as a learning tool.
- Engaging students across 13 schools in energy teams to analyze ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® data and present their projects.
- Saving over $1.13 million in energy costs in 2022 alone, contributing $10.9 million in savings over the past 16 years.