Bullitt County Public Schools
Partner of the Year
Bullitt County Public Schools serves more than 13,000 students and 27 school and administrative buildings, and is receiving Partner of the Year recognition. The school district has sustained their energy management program making significant efforts to improve energy efficiency across the district and to create a productive learning environment for students. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than $930,000 in energy costs in 2018, bringing the twelve-year program cumulative savings total to more than $6 million.
- Earning an average portfolio-wide ENERGY STAR score of 79, showing a six percent increase since 2017 and earning ENERGY STAR certification for 18 buildings in 2018.
- Participating in the Kentucky School Board Association’s Battle of the School Buildings and earning second and third place for energy reduction.
- Holding a contest to rebrand the district’s student energy program mascot, from Energy Watchdog to Green Earth Group, that involved all students.
- Continuing energy shutdowns email reminding faculty and staff to implement energy-saving behavior for off-session days at school, as well as at home.
- Communicating energy achievements using energy dashboards that display real time energy performance and the ENERGY STAR score of each building.