New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The company continued to demonstrate leadership within the industrial sector by extensively promoting ENERGY STAR to employees, other companies, and business organizations around the world. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Sustaining more than a two percent energy intensity reduction for 2018 to contribute to a long-term improvement of 12.2 percent since 2012.
- Exceeding the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry energy intensity reduction goal at its Wallingford, Connecticut site and registering four new sites to ensure all eligible facilities are participating.
- Involving over 460 employees and contractors at 13 sites in energy treasure hunts that identified over $12 million in cost savings since 2015.
- Educating other ENERGY STAR Partner companies as well as the American Society for Healthcare Engineering and the Sierra Business Council on conducting energy treasure hunts.
- Launching the GREEN Ambassador employee engagement program which uses ENERGY STAR as a key tenet to promote sustainability.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at its new state-of-the-art Princeton Pike office building and recertifying two other office buildings.