Bristol Myers Squibb
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bristol Myers Squibb Company (BMS) is a biopharmaceutical company. In 2020, BMS completed the integration of the former Celgene facilities into the corporate energy program and was able to reduce corporatewide energy intensity by 3.3 percent over 2019. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Instituting new corporate sustainability goals, including commitments to 100 percent renewable electricity, science-based targets, and net neutral carbon emissions by 2040.
- Integrating the energy management program and harmonizing energy reporting and data systems across the entire company following the acquisition of Celgene.
- Investing over $8 million in 51 energy projects that will generate $1.5 million in annual savings. Since 2010, investments in 467 projects have generated annual savings of $22.2 million.
- Reducing the energy intensity among the top 25 energy consuming sites by 16.6 percent since 2013.
- Enrolling 100 percent of eligible sites in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry, including 11 sites from the acquisition of Celgene. Twenty-one sites worldwide now participate in the challenge.
- Communicating the company’s commitment to energy efficiency and the value of ENERGY STAR through annual reports, social media, and other engagements with suppliers and vendors.