New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMS) is a biopharmaceutical company. In 2019, Bristol-Myers Squibb strengthened its energy program during a major acquisition of pharmaceutical producer Celgene while reducing energy intensity by 1.76%, contributing to 13.8% energy intensity reduction since 2013. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Elevating energy management through a strategic organizational change that resulted in an expansion of the BMS Global Energy Services organization.
- Investing $2.5 million on 39 capital energy projects that are expected to save over $1.5 million annually and devoting over $48 million to 416 projects with cumulative savings over $129 million since 2010.
- Conducting a successful treasure hunt at its worldwide commercial headquarters site and participating in the inaugural ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt Campaign. To date, 14 treasure hunts have been conducted, engaging over 490 participants and identifying over $12 million in energy and water cost reduction opportunities.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry goal with a 10.5% energy intensity reduction within only three years at its Humacao, Puerto Rico, site, only two years after the site recovered from the devastation of Hurricane Maria.
- Increased solar photovoltaic capacity by over 35% with two new installations, procured over 7% of imported electricity as green, and cogenerated more that 20 percent of the corporate electricity demand.