New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines. The company has built a robust energy management program by utilizing ENERGY STAR® tools and actively participating in the ENERGY STAR industrial partnership. Bristol-Myers Squibb is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to advance its energy management program and for showing leadership within the industrial sector. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving an annual energy intensity improvement of more than four percent globally, contributing to an 11.3 percent reduction in energy consumption since 2013.
- Assisting the ENERGY STAR program with energy treasure hunt training for healthcare energy managers and conducting a treasure hunt at St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Bloomington, Illinois to demonstrate the effectiveness of the approach.
- Achieving the goals of the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at two sites and taking the Challenge at eight new sites.
- Hosting the first ENERGY STAR Showcase event at a pharmaceutical facility that engaged employees, local government officials, and other ENERGY STAR industrial partners.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification at two office buildings.
- Actively participating in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and the ENERGY STAR industrial partnership.
- Investing more than $42.4 million across 342 energy projects to achieve annualized savings of $18.3 million since 2010.