New York, New York
Partner of the Year
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global BioPharma company focused on discovering, developing, and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. The company has built a robust energy management program by utilizing ENERGY STAR® energy management tools and actively participates in the ENERGY STAR industrial partnership. Bristol-Myers Squibb is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for advancing its energy management program over the past year. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving an annual energy intensity improvement of more than three percent globally, contributing to an 11.4-percent reduction in energy consumption since 2010.
- Implementing 36 major energy projects in 2016, bringing the total number of projects implemented since 2009 to 302. The annual average savings of these projects is $16.2 million based on an investment of $36.9 million.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for the energy performance of four of its buildings.
- Engaging over 320 employees in energy treasure hunts. Since 2015 the treasure hunts have identified energy savings opportunities worth more than $9 million with the potential to reduce energy use on average by more than 19 percent.
- Actively participating in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and the ENERGY STAR industrial partnership.
- Entering three major facilities in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry.