New York, New York
Partner of the Year
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global BioPharma company focused on discovering, developing, and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. The company has built a robust energy management program by utilizing ENERGY STAR® energy management tools and actively participates in the ENERGY STAR partnership. Bristol-Myers Squibb is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for furthering its commitment to the environment and its energy management program over the past year. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving an absolute energy use reduction of 14 percent and greenhouse gas emissions reduction of 17 percent from a baseline year of 2009.
- Implementing 50 new major energy projects in 2015, bringing the total number of projects implemented since 2009 to 275. These projects generate an annual average savings of $14.5 million from an investment of $35.1 million.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for three buildings.
- Engaging over 200 employees, vendors and industry peers through Energy Treasure Hunts that identified plant-wide energy savings opportunities averaging 15 percent with total cost savings potential of over $7.5 million.
- Actively participating in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Industrial Partnership.
- Promoting energy efficiency and building capacity for better energy management among employees through numerous energy fairs, lighting fairs, and Earth Day observances.
- Building a culture of continuous improvement through employee engagement using ENERGY STAR resources as the keystone of the energy program.