New York, New York
Partner of the Year
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global BioPharma company focused on discovering, developing, and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. The company has built a robust energy management program by using ENERGY STAR® energy management tools, and actively participates in the ENERGY STAR partnership. Bristol-Myers Squibb is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for the development of its energy program. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 2.1-percent reduction in energy intensity for its top energy consuming sites worldwide. Prior to 2014, Bristol-Myers Squibb had achieved an energy reduction of 10 percent and had reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 11.3 percent from 2009 to 2013 on an absolute basis.
- Implementing 238 energy projects since 2010, generating an annual average savings of $13.1 million from an investment of $31.5 million.
- Establishing a global energy management program that engages all 28 major global facilities.
- Training key employees on technology-specific topics and providing energy management classes for those in the company’s energy manager network.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for three buildings.
- Establishing an energy capital funding program to enable energy projects to be funded without competing against other non-energy projects.
- Promoting energy efficiency and building capacity for better energy management among employees through numerous energy fairs, lighting fairs, and Earth Day observances.