Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Brighton Homes, a local homebuilder, built 235 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2020, for a total of 1,636 homes since partnering with ENERGY STAR in 2009. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Promoting ENERGY STAR in all print marketing materials, including flyers, brochures, and model home signage and placards.
- Partnering with Intermountain Gas Company to educate consumers about the value of ENERGY STAR through social media and local Parade of Homes campaigns.
- Providing ENERGY STAR-focused training for all sales agents, superintendents, and warranty representatives throughout the construction process, enabling them to effectively communicate about the features that contribute to ENERGY STAR certification.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR with a two-page print ad in Boise Lifestyle magazine that reached more than 70,000 households, as well as a one-page advertisements in the Meridian Lifestyle Magazine and the Best of Idaho Magazine.
- Including a question about the importance of ENERGY STAR certification in surveys of homebuyers conducted after closing and one year later, with over 60 percent responding that ENERGY STAR was a very important factor in making their purchasing decision.