Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Brighton Homes, a local home builder, celebrated its 10-year anniversary as an ENERGY STAR partner in 2019 and built more than 200 certified homes, for a total exceeding 1,300 since joining the program in 2009. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Partnering with Intermountain Gas Company to educate consumers about the value of ENERGY STAR through social media and their ENERGY STAR certified Parade model home.
- Updating its ENERGY STAR Infographic to contain statistics on the benefits of ENERGY STAR, including emissions equivalencies in trees planted and cars removed.
- Providing ENERGY STAR sales training for all sales agents at homes throughout each construction phase, describing features that contribute to ENERGY STAR and the performance of the home.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR with a two-page print ad in Boise Lifestyle magazine that reached more than 70,000 households.
- Emphasizing its commitment to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR certified homes on the company's website, social media and in outdoor signage and banners.
- Surveying all homebuyers after the purchase of their home, with over 70 percent responding that ENERGY STAR was a very important factor in their decision-making process, an increase of nearly 10 percent from last year.