Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Brighton Homes is the residential construction division of its parent company, Brighton Corporation. Since 2009, the company has been committed to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR® certified homes. Brighton Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its dedication to building and promoting ENERGY STAR certified homes and for collaborating with multiple stakeholders to promote effective energy policies for Idaho. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Building nearly 1,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes since joining the program in 2009.
- Offering a new 3-year home warranty to homebuyers, based on the company’s ENERGY STAR participation, that allows for increased certainty about each home’s components.
- Emphasizing its significant commitment to building ENERGY STAR certified homes on the company’s website, and promoting ENERGY STAR on social media, as well as on outdoor signage and banners.
- Beginning construction on a 200-unit community featuring home automation and monitoring technology that will provide greater control over the homes’ energy use, including smart thermostats and energy-efficient lighting.
- Collaborating with state and locate officials to promote effective energy policies for Idaho.