Brandywine Realty Trust
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Brandywine Realty Trust, operating as a real estate investment trust, owns, leases, and manages an urban town center and suburban office portfolio of 283 properties totaling more than 33 million square feet. Brandywine Realty Trust is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to adopting the ENERGY STAR approach to energy management. In addition, Brandywine is being recognized for its commitment to promoting strong energy management practices and the ENERGY STAR program throughout the business community. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Achieving Executive Member status in the ENERGY STAR Certification Nation campaign by assisting in the certification of more than 80 buildings in 2014.
- Establishing a system in which regional lead engineers are responsible for energy management and building operations. Engineers review monthly energy performance reports, discuss each property’s goals, and report on progress to the property manager.
- Using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® to benchmark all 210 properties for which Brandywine maintains operational control.
- Developing the Sustainable Cost Detail Form, which provides the ability to track all spending on sustainability-related property improvements and compare those costs against improved environmental performance.
- Communicating the value of ENERGY STAR at conferences (including the Tri-States Sustainability Symposium), in magazine articles, and in newsletters, and featuring ENERGY STAR in the Brandywine Annual Report adjacent to the CEO’s letter to shareholders.