Bozzuto Management Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Bozzuto Management Company is a third-party manager of multifamily communities. Bozzuto leveraged ENERGY STAR resources to develop unique and innovative tools that assisted in its efforts to reduce energy consumption across its managed portfolio and helped it to achieve its energy reduction target of three percent year over year. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Maintaining a 100 percent benchmarking of energy, water, and waste in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for all managed assets.
- Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR certified properties from 26 in 2019 to 41 in 2020.
- Promoting its energy management programs and ENERGY STAR participation through social media, print publications, marketing and training opportunities, and virtual industry speaking engagements.
- Enhancing its High-Performance Building Inspection offering that leverages ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt materials to identify low and no-cost energy savings opportunities, and presenting the findings on an ENERGY STAR webinar.
- Partnering with a third-party waste hauling consultant that is committed to zero waste to create and maintain accurate and timely waste data in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, improve reporting, and share metrics for source reduction and increased recycling.