Bozzuto Management Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bozzuto Management Company is a third-party manager of multifamily real estate. Bozzuto leveraged ENERGY STAR resources to develop unique and innovative tools that assist in its efforts to reduce energy consumption across its managed portfolio. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Pursuing 100 percent benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for all managed assets.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for at least 15 multifamily properties, with a goal to increase the number of certifications in their portfolio by 20 percent over 2018 levels.
- Developing its High-Performance Building Inspection offering that leverages ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt materials to identify low and no-cost energy savings opportunities and conducting in a pilot in 2019 with a goal of rolling it out to all managed communities.
- Developing a value-added mini energy audit that was offered to partners who chose to pursue third-party verification for ENERGY STAR certification, conducted at the time of the site visit to capture best practices and additional savings opportunities.
- Partnering with Arcadia Energy to incentivize Bozzuto residents to sign up for a renewable energy option for their apartment by offering free ENERGY STAR Certified LED light bulbs.
- Promoting its energy management programs and ENERGY STAR participation through social media, print publications, external job postings, industry speaking engagements and community events, and its memberships in several working groups and industry organizations.