Bozzuto Management Company
Partner of the Year
Bozzuto Management Company (Bozzuto) is a leading manager of multifamily communities in the eastern United States, representing 67,000 market rate units and more than 3 million square feet of retail space. Bozzuto is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for promoting the ENERGY STAR program across its portfolio and for its energy management efforts. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Pursuing 100 percent benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for all managed assets, and achieving energy reductions of 3.3 percent and 1.8 percent in site and source energy usage, respectively, across entire portfolio over 2016. The savings equates to nearly $4.3 million, for a total of $8.4 million over the last two years.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 20 of their managed communities, an increase of over 40 percent over the previous year’s total.
- Maintaining momentum of the National Building Competition, Battle of the Buildings, into two self-initiated energy and water contests: War of the Watts I & II.
- Communicating the value of ENERGY STAR to an audience via a robust and strategic communications platform, including industry speaking engagements, webinars to nationally distributed publications, as well as a streamlined social media presence and an employee-focused quarterly newsletter.
- Linking operations and maintenance activities to energy performance, highlighting ENERGY STAR scores on a highly visible web-based platform available to all employees.
- Developing training modules for site teams that highlight the benefits of ENERGY STAR, and the specific high-efficiency features and management behaviors of their communities.