Partner of the Year
Boston Properties is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust and one of the largest owners, managers, and developers of first-class office properties in the United States. Boston Properties is receiving Partner of the Year recognition and has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability and has integrated ENERGY STAR into all aspects of its robust energy management program. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR Certification for 77 properties in 2018.
- Requiring all properties to benchmark whole-building energy, water, and waste performance monthly in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR program to more than 20 groups representing industry associations and academic institutions – most of whom were being educated about ENERGY STAR for the first time.
- Requiring all properties to target an ENERGY STAR score of at least 75 and requiring properties below that score to set annual performance improvement goals.
- Incorporating cost recovery for ENERGY STAR certification, sub-metering of high intensity tenant equipment, and tenant energy disclosure through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager into its Master Lease form.