Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Boston Properties is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust. Boston Properties has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability, integrating ENERGY STAR® into all aspects of its robust energy management program and building an ambitious decarbonization strategy. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 38 properties.
- Requiring all properties to benchmark energy, water, and waste in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and to target a minimum ENERGY STAR score of 75.
- Validating its Scope 3 emissions reduction goal with the Science Based Targets initiative, which requires a 14% reduction in capital goods, and embodied carbon GHG emissions by 2025.
- Finalizing its electrification strategy and commencing construction of its first net-zero repositioning of an existing building.
- Giving ENERGY STAR-related presentations to over 500+ internal and external stakeholders.