Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Boston Properties is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust. Boston Properties has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability and has integrated ENERGY STAR® into all aspects of its robust energy management program. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 35 properties.
- Requiring all properties to benchmark energy, water, and waste in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and to target a minimum ENERGY STAR score of 75.
- Committing to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2025. The commitment includes Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions from its managed office portfolio, with data and progress tracked in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Linking its revolving credit facility with a new Green Building Certification Goal that targets an increase in total green building certifications from 77% of its portfolio to 87% by 2025, including ENERGY STAR certifications.
- Presenting its Environmental Social Governance strategy, including how ENERGY STAR is integrated into its energy management program, to groups representing industry associations and academic institutions, including the University of Massachusetts, the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, the Urban Land Institute, and various investors and prospective tenants, reaching over 500 attendees in total.