Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Boston Properties is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust. Boston Properties has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability and has integrated ENERGY STAR into all aspects of its robust energy management program. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Requiring all properties to benchmark energy, water, and waste in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, and requiring all properties to target a minimum ENERGY STAR Score of 75.
- Committing to an aggressive science-based GHG reduction target, which leverages ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to forecast and commit to reducing combined scope one and two greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Optimizing energy use in tenant spaces by monitoring real-time interval data to set back HVAC systems during unoccupied periods due to COVID-19.
- Developing a 5.2 megawatt onsite solar photovoltaic system at Carnegie Center in Princeton, New Jersey. Power generated by the system is expected to provide at least 75 percent of the total annual energy consumption at four buildings and avoid 4,600 metric tons of GHG emissions annually.
- Presenting its Environmental Social Governance strategy, including how ENERGY STAR is integrated into its energy management program, to groups representing industry associations and academic institutions including Harvard University, the University of Massachusetts, Northeastern University, various investors, prospective tenants, and attendees of the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, reaching over 500 attendees in total.