Partner of the Year
Boston Properties is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust. Boston Properties has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability and has integrated ENERGY STAR into all aspects of its robust energy management program. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 52 properties in 2019, with an increase in its ENERGY STAR score of over 2 percent across its portfolio.
- Requiring all properties to benchmark whole-building energy, water and waste performance monthly in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and requiring all properties to target an ENERGY STAR score of at least 75.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR program to groups representing industry associations and academic institutions, including the City of Boston, Princeton University, the GRESB community, the Environmental Defense Fund, attendees of the Greenbuild conference, and various investors, reaching over 500 attendees in total.
- Marketing and issuing $1.85 billion of green bonds in two offerings and providing impact reporting which included quantifying ENERGY STAR scores, energy consumption, water performance, and GHG emissions reductions.
- Commissioning the largest indoor lithium-ion battery storage energy storage system in the United States at the Colorado Center in Santa Monica, California. The 3.7 megawatt hour system will create approximately $200,000 of energy cost savings on an annual basis.