Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
BOMA International is a trade association for commercial real estate professionals. BOMA continued to maintain its leadership in promoting ENERGY STAR resources to the real estate industry to help members meet sustainability objectives. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Providing industry leadership and insight into challenges faced during the COVID-19 pandemic, assisting EPA with communicating ENERGY STAR Program guidance and updates to the ENERGY STAR Certification and benchmarking processes.
- Finishing its two-year W2 Challenge, promoting the benchmarking of water and waste within ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, which culminated with having almost 2,000 properties, representing almost 500 million square feet of space, across 409 cities participate.
- Continuing to offer an array of popular education and recognition programs that incorporate ENERGY STAR, including the BOMA Energy Efficiency Program (BEEP), BOMA Energy Performance Contracting (BEPC) Model, Office and Industrial Experience Exchange Reports (EER), BOMA 360 Performance Program and The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards.
- Instituting a new track of the BOMA 360 Performance Program specific to industrial buildings, which awards points for benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, using ENERGY STAR certified products for specifying tenant improvements, and achieving ENERGY STAR Certification.
- Prominently featuring and promoting ENERGY STAR in speeches, vlogs, BOMA Magazine, e-newsletters, webinars, and social media, reaching tens of thousands of commercial real estate practitioners.