Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
BOMA International (BOMA), a federation founded in 1907, advances a vibrant commercial real estate industry and serves as a source of knowledge on building management and operations. Together, BOMA’s more than 16,500 members own or manage nearly 10 billion square feet of office space across the United States. BOMA is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its leadership in promoting Portfolio Manager® and ENERGY STAR resources to the real estate industry. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Launching the W2 Challenge, a new initiative to promote market transformation by increasing commercial real estate sustainability efforts. The program asks participants to benchmark water and waste consumption and associated costs, providing solutions and best practices to improve performance.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR at the BOMA International Conference & Expo, including hosting education sessions related to ENERGY STAR, and announcing Top 10 Cities for certified buildings during the general session.
- Continuing to lead the industry with an array of popular education and recognition programs that incorporate ENERGY STAR, including the Building Re-Tuning Training Program, BOMA Energy Performance Contracting Model, Office and Industrial Experience Exchange Reports, BOMA 360 Performance Program, and The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY®) Awards.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR prominently in BOMA Magazine, e-newsletters, press releases and social media, reaching tens of thousands of commercial real estate practitioners.
- Launching BEEP Plus, two new courses that enhance the BOMA Energy Efficiency Program (BEEP®), an educational curriculum that leverages ENERGY STAR and offers relevant and up-to-date energy efficiency training for industry professionals.