Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
BOMA International (BOMA) is a multinational federation of more than 100 local associations and affiliated organizations. Together, BOMA’s more than 16,500 members own or manage nearly 10 billion square feet of U.S. office space. BOMA is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its leadership in promoting benchmarking and the adoption of energy efficiency best practices in the commercial real estate market. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Developing BEEP (BOMA Energy Efficiency Program)-Plus, which adds two new modules to supplement the BEEP v2.0 curriculum: Advanced Metering and Monitoring and Renewable/Clean Tech Solutions.
- Hosting webinars at 121 sites to promote BEEP v2.0, which integrates ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® as well as the updated ENERGY STAR Building Value Upgrade Calculator in the curriculum.
- Expanding on the BEEP program by creating BEEP for Industrial, which focuses on improving the energy efficiency of industrial properties. A central component of BEEP for Industrial is benchmarking energy and water through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Continuing to promote the BOMA Energy Performance Contracting Model (BEPC) with presentations at Greenbuild 2016, during BOMA’s Annual Conference, and at the BOMA Government Affairs Committee meeting. Local BOMA associations in Atlanta and Boston incorporated BEPC into their websites and educational offerings, with more expected in 2017.
- Further developing the Building Re-tuning Program, which aims to help identify and correct operational problems that lead to energy waste for buildings with and without building automation systems.
- Dedicating the May/June issue of the BOMA Magazine to sustainability with BOMA’s Green Guide, and in the September/October issue, introducing ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager’s waste tracking capability.