Excellence Awards - ENERGY STAR Marketing
BOMA Georgia is a trade association for commercial real estate professionals. BOMA Georgia conducted a month-long educational campaign aimed at educating the real estate community about ENERGY STAR® and encouraging the industry to pursue energy conservation and sustainable building practices. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Hosting an ENERGY STAR Month campaign in October for real estate industry stakeholders, leveraging BOMA Georgia’s Commercial Real Estate Insight Journal magazine and website, to educate and inform the real estate community.
- Releasing weekly content throughout the month covering various topics including reinvestment of energy efficiency savings into new technologies, adopting electric vehicle charger infrastructure and related costs and installation challenges, daylight harvesting, and how the ENERGY STAR program is leveraged in commercial real estate.
- Developing an ENERGY STAR Content Guide which featured articles on building certifications and online resources for saving energy with ENERGY STAR, available for free on the CRE Insight Journal website.
- Facilitating tours and in-depth case studies of two of the highest scoring ENERGY STAR buildings in the Atlanta area, Resurgens Plaza and Palisades Office Park, involving the property teams describing how they saved energy, the technology and programs used, how they use ENERGY STAR benchmarking and its importance, and how they engaged tenants on sustainability.
- Creating the CRE Insight Journal Awards, which featured an award for Excellence in Environmental Sustainability, with the winner conducting a video interview to promote its successful program.