The Boeing Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
The Boeing Company (Boeing) is an aerospace and defense company and manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. Boeing used ENERGY STAR® tools and resources to strengthen its energy management program, delivering greenhouse gas reductions across its operations. Key accomplishments for 2021 include:
- Achieving net-zero emissions in scope 1, scope 2, and business travel emissions through a combination of energy efficiency, renewable energy procurement, and carbon offsets.
- Investing $8.5 million in a new fund appropriated for capital conservation projects.
- Setting goals to use 100% renewable electricity by 2030 and reduce energy consumption by 10% by 2025 from a 2017 baseline.
- Motivating employees to action through the company’s annual Battle of the Buildings competition, based on ENERGY STAR’s model. The competition reached 168 sites across 39 countries and resulted in more than 72,000 actions being taken to improve the environment.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR industrial partnership and Aerospace Focus through presentations, mentoring, and active participation.