The Boeing Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
The Boeing Company is an aerospace company and provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services. In 2020, the company formed a corporate, global sustainability office, appointed its first chief sustainability officer, and elevated management of energy and greenhouse gas emissions. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Continuing to progress toward achieving a 25 percent greenhouse gas reduction goal and an absolute energy use reduction target of 10 percent.
- Offsetting all scope 1 and 2 emissions to achieve net zero carbon emissions through energy management, procurement of renewable energy, and the purchase of certified carbon offsets
- Contributing and gathering new energy management best practices through the ENERGY STAR Aerospace Group, including the optimization of aircraft painting operations for significant savings.
- Developing a common tool for the implementation and tracking of all conservation best practices, including energy, to provide greater visibility and access to manufacturing sites.
- Building capacity for site energy management by contracting with energy service companies to provide energy conservation engineers and related services to improve energy efficiency at manufacturing sites.
- Registering six sites in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry and participating in the ENERGY STAR Find the Treasure campaign.