The Boeing Company
Partner of the Year
The Boeing Company is an aerospace company and provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems and global services. Since engaging with ENERGY STAR in 2010, Boeing has reached an energy cost savings level of $40 million per year. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Strengthening energy management in several key areas, including best practice implementation, energy forecasting and renewable procurement.
- Expanding EPA's Battle of the Buildings model and creating tool kits for solid waste reduction.
- Identifying an estimated $38 million in energy savings through energy assessments. Boeing participated in the inaugural ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt Campaign.
- Focusing on energy reduction practices for paint operations, one of its most energy consuming processes, through a newly created team.
- Approving a renewable energy procurement strategy and refining energy forecasts through a new utility budgeting process.