The Boeing Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
The Boeing Company is a manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space, and security systems supporting customers in 150 countries, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. A hallmark of Boeing’s energy management program is company-wide engagement of its sites globally in an annual competition for energy savings. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Developing a company-wide energy competition formed around the ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings with multiple sites achieving double-digit reductions in energy use and the company reducing electricity consumption overall by 1.6 percent.
- Committing $100 million to workplace improvements, including lighting, equipment, and fixture upgrades while investing $5.8 million in an LED lighting upgrade for the Renton, Washington plant.
- Establishing new environmental targets to reduce energy use by 10 percent, greenhouse gas emissions by 25 percent, water by 25 percent, and waste to landfill by 20 percent between 2017 and 2025.
- Executing a seamless transition of the corporate energy team to a new location. Detailed knowledge transfer plans were developed, and a transition period was built in to ensure the energy management program continued to succeed.
- Strengthening Boeing’s partnership with ENERGY STAR through active participation in the aerospace industry group and by sharing experiences and toolsets through EPA webinars, industrial partner benchmarking, and meetings with members of the International Aerospace Environmental Group.