The Boeing Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
The Boeing Company is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space, and security systems. Boeing’s comprehensive energy management program remains focused on improving the environmental performance of its operations. The company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for maintaining its energy management program. Key 2016 accomplishments include
- Improving energy intensity by four percent over the prior year, while absolute energy use decreased by two percent, which is equivalent to powering 23,000 average U.S. homes.
- Providing leadership in the aerospace industry by supporting a group of manufacturers committed to working together through ENERGY STAR to identify new energy management strategies in the sector.
- Investing $6.7 million in direct energy conservation to reduce energy use by more than 77,000 million British thermal units (Btu) annually. Projects include lighting improvements, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) optimization, and replacement of eight chillers (equal to 12,000 tons) with energy efficient models, including a 35 kilowatt (peak power) solar array integrated with the local utility.
- Promoting energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR through a friendly competition among several of its sites in EPA’s National Building Competition: BOOTCAMP.
- Supporting energy management among ENERGY STAR industrial partner companies and other organizations by sharing the company’s energy management strategies.