The Boeing Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
The Boeing Company is a manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft. Boeing’s comprehensive energy management program remains focused on improving the environmental performance of its operations. The company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued advancement in energy management. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy intensity by seven percent over the prior year while absolute energy use decreased by four percent. During this time, aircraft deliveries increased about 10 percent.
- Investing $7.8 million in direct energy conservation to reduce energy use by more than 42,000 million British thermal units annually. Projects include commissioning a new chiller plant for one of the world’s largest buildings, lighting improvements, securing renewable energy, and HVAC retro commissioning.
- Promoting energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR through special events including Earth Day celebrations.
- Encouraging self-managed Green Teams throughout Boeing operations. In 2015, Green Teams grew by 30 percent.
- Building a skilled energy management workforce by encouraging site energy engineers and professionals to achieve qualifications including Certified Energy Manager (CEM) from the Association of Energy Engineers, among others.
- Supporting an annual meeting of its energy management experts to review the company’s energy management strategy.