The Boeing Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
The Boeing Company is the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft. Boeing’s comprehensive energy management program remains focused on improving the environmental performance of its operations. Boeing is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the company’s continued advancement in energy management as well as engagement of communities, industries, and the public around energy efficiency. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy intensity by 1.8 percent over the prior year.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Change the World Tour by developing and teaching an energy curriculum to 650 middle school students.
- Making energy infrastructure investments to reduce energy use by 280 billion British thermal units, including the company’s largest single lighting retrofit project of more than 5,100 fixtures, as well as investing in boilers, HVAC, and compressor improvements.
- Expanding energy management through enhanced energy tracking metrics for facilities around the globe.
- Launching a new branding and employee engagement platform, “Build a Better Planet,” resulting in an updated website and a number of resources and communication tools to promote energy efficiency and environmental awareness to the company’s 168,000 employees worldwide.