Black Hills Energy Arkansas
Rapid City, South Dakota
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Black Hills Energy is a natural gas utility. In 2020, Black Hills Energy weatherized over 1185 homes providing an energy savings of over 1,018,915 therms through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. Key accomplishments during 2020 include:
- Incorporating remote assessment techniques and COVID-19 safety protocols to sustain operations while maintaining safety for contractors and customers.
- Integrating operations with Southwestern Electric Power Cooperative to shared customers and extending program resources for contractor training, marketing, quality assurance, and program verification.
- Exhibiting leadership in the home performance industry by encouraging contractor mentoring and training through virtual education.
- Expanding the program’s reach through development of a low-income pathway whereby participants received health and safety measures not offered through standard weatherization services, including carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Updating program marketing materials, including leave-behind folders and accomplishment reports, with the ENERGY STAR brand.