Black Hills Energy
Rapid City, South Dakota
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Black Hills Energy Arkansas provides natural gas service to 169,000 Arkansas customers, and is receiving Partner of the Year recognition. Black Hills Energy Arkansas demonstrates leadership in the energy efficiency delivery field, saving more than 400,000 therms and teaming with an electric utility to deliver additional savings for Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) customers. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Co-delivering HPwES with Southwestern Electric Power Company to customers of both companies with unified messaging, delivery, and processes.
- Adding ENERGY STAR branding to marketing materials and leveraging the trust and credibility of the brand to explain the value of the HPwES program.
- Producing a HPwES case study detailing the impacts of weatherization on customers’ homes.
- Providing substantial training for the contractor network. Combustion safety, customer service, and standards were highlighted, and all crew leads were required to take 14.5 hours of additional online training, while 24 weatherization contractors received Building Performance Institute training at reduced cost.
- Evaluating avenues for adding additional ENERGY STAR products or certifications to the program roadmap for possible inclusion in coming years.