Bimbo Bakeries USA
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is a food processing company. BBU demonstrated leadership in energy management through its continued use of ENERGY STAR® tools and resources and actions to decarbonize manufacturing operations. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 4% energy intensity reduction that contributed to a 9.4% energy intensity reduction since 2020.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR for 18 bakeries, the most certified plants in the industrial sector, and achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at two facilities with energy intensity reductions of 11% over the course of one year and 18.6%within three years.
- Upgrading and replacing old ovens and controls at nine bakeries to reduce energy use and related greenhouse gas emissions.
- Communicating its partnership and achievements with ENERGY STAR through social media, news releases, podcasts, and digital boards to thousands of employees and retail customers.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR industrial partnership and Focus on Energy Efficiency in Food Processing through presentations, mentoring, and active participation.
- Receiving a 2022 EPA’s Green Power Partner Leadership Award for using 100% green electricity, with over 490 million kWh of green power consumed annually.