Best Buy Co., Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Retailer
Best Buy Co., Inc. is a multinational consumer electronics retailer receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Best Buy sold enough ENERGY STAR certified products to prevent more than 573 million pounds of carbon dioxide from entering the atmosphere. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Increasing sales of ENERGY STAR certified appliances by 19 percent in 2018.
- Delivering four new ENERGY STAR e-learnings to help sales associates provide customers with knowledge about ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Creating an ENERGY STAR landing page on BestBuy.com/energystar, where one billion yearly visitors can easily learn about and purchase ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Developing an aggressive social media plan that included ENERGY STAR content across multiple platforms, including Twitter, Pinterest, and multiple national blog sites.
- Playing an engaging, animated video with the tagline, "You're a Star When You Buy Energy Star" on numerous large televisions, eight times per hour in more than 1,000 stores.