Best Buy Co., Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Best Buy Co., Inc. is a leading retailer of technology products, services, and solutions. Best Buy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its extensive offerings of ENERGY STAR certified products and its continued leadership in leveraging ENERGY STAR to educate consumers on the benefits of energy efficient products and practices. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Working with utility partners on in store promotions with great attention to detail, including reviewing utility promotional materials to ensure that they meet ENERGY STAR guidelines.
- Continuing its best-in-class identification of ENERGY STAR certified products for consumers along each step on their path to purchase, including placing high profile ENERGY STAR labels on products, ensuring that ENERGY STAR is front of mind for consumers shopping both online and in-store.
- Producing and running a consumer-facing video highlighting the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified consumer electronics which was played four times per hour in more than 1,000 stores on Best Buy’s television walls.
- Engaging as a charter member of the ENERGY STAR Retail Action Council and participant in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform, including participating in panel presentations for national audiences with EPA.
- Educating all employees about ENERGY STAR through an ENERGY STAR-specific learning module, reaching 130,000 employees in 2016.
- Participating as a primary participant of EPA’s Flip Your Fridge promotion by collaborating with LG on ENERGY STAR refrigerator giveaways and installing the refrigerators using Best Buy’s Geek Squad.