Best Buy Co., Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Best Buy Co., Inc. is a leading provider of technology products, services, and solutions, with 70 percent of the U.S. population living within 15 miles of a Best Buy store. Best Buy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its extensive offerings of ENERGY STAR certified products and its continued leadership in leveraging ENERGY STAR to educate consumers on the benefits of energy efficient products and practices. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Continuing its best-in-class identification of ENERGY STAR certified products for consumers along each step on their path to purchase, ensuring that ENERGY STAR is front of mind for consumers shopping both online and in-store.
- Producing and running a consumer-facing video highlighting the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified consumer electronics which was played twice an hour daily in more than 1,000 stores on Best Buy’s television walls, and six times an hour daily on display monitors in stores.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Flip Your Fridge promotion, including a national media event on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- Engaging as a charter member of the ENERGY STAR Retail Action Council and participant in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform.
- Educating all employees on ENERGY STAR through an ENERGY STAR specific learning module.