Best Buy Co., Inc.
Partner of the Year
Best Buy Co., Inc., is the world's largest consumer electronics retailer, offering advice, service, and convenience to consumers who visit Best Buy’s websites and stores in the United States, Canada, China, and Mexico more than 1.5 billion times each year. Best Buy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its extensive offerings of ENERGY STAR certified products and its continued leadership in leveraging ENERGY STAR to educate consumers on the benefits of energy efficient products and practices. Key accomplishments in 2014 include:
- Launching two consumer-facing videos highlighting the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified consumer electronics. Played twice an hour daily on Best Buy’s TV walls, and six times an hour daily on display monitors in stores, these videos secured more than 27 million impressions in 2014 alone.
- Teaming regularly with EPA to highlight ENERGY STAR through in-store and online marketing efforts.
- Engaging with EPA on product specification development for consumer electronics and appliances and as a charter member of the ENERGY STAR Retail Action Council.
- Continuing its best-in-class identification of ENERGY STAR certified products for consumers along each step on their path to purchase, ensuring that ENERGY STAR is front of mind for consumers shopping both online and in-store.
- Ensuring all employees are educated on ENERGY STAR though an ENERGY STAR specific learning module.