Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
BentallGreenOak is a global real estate investment firm. BentallGreenOak has maintained a longstanding commitment to energy efficiency and promoting its ENERGY STAR partnership, and it achieved ENERGY STAR Certification for a company record number of properties in 2019. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Actively benchmarking 710 properties, improving the average ENERGY STAR score from 73 in 2018 to 75 in 2019.
- Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR certified properties in the U.S. portfolio from 59 in 2018 to 77 in 2019.
- Reducing weather-normalized source energy use by over 4 percent from 2018 to 2019.
- Updating its Target Setting Program to include internal, asset class-specific energy reduction targets for office, residential and enclosed retail assets, which is designed to set ambitious goals for improvement in ENERGY STAR Scores.
- Continuing to grow its ForeverGreen campaign, its internal sustainability communications platform, by introducing monthly sustainability and wellness topics as game show style trivia. This campaign included a month-long focus on energy efficiency and the importance of the organization's partnership with ENERGY STAR.
- Promoting its partnership with ENERGY STAR and approach to energy management in the United States and internationally, with both internal and external stakeholders.