Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bentall Kennedy is a large global real estate investment advisor, and a provider of real estate services in office, retail, industrial and multi-family assets. Bentall Kennedy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its longstanding commitment to energy efficiency and promoting its ENERGY STAR partnership. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Actively benchmarking its entire portfolio of 703 properties, with an average ENERGY STAR score improvement from 74 in 2016 to 76 in 2017.
- Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR Certified properties from 36 in 2016 to 45 in 2017.
- Reducing energy consumption by 299.8 million kilowatt hours, or 13 percent across its portfolio since 2009, resulting in cost savings of $29.7 million.
- Promoting its partnership with ENERGY STAR and approach to energy management to internal and external stakeholders through various communication streams, including social media, a 2017 Sustainability Report Summary & video, its Corporate Responsibility website, press releases, industry newsletters, and materials for its ForeverGreen Tenant Engagement program.
- Adding ENERGY STAR scores as a key metric for its Target Setting Program. By including a targeted ENERGY STAR score, asset managers and property managers are able to measure the success of their energy efficiency strategy through a metric that is widely recognized throughout the industry.