Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bentall Kennedy is one of North America’s largest independent real estate investment advisors, serving more than 550 clients across commercial space valued at more than $35 billion, and including more than 125 million square feet of assets in the United States and Canada. Bentall Kennedy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to set and achieve new energy efficiency goals for its portfolio through the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Expanding the use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® by benchmarking 859 buildings, representing nearly 118 million square feet and $31.2 billion in value.
- Improving its average 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score from 77.5 in 2015 to 81 in 2016.
- Earning an ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher for 60 percent of its properties.
- Reducing the energy use of its U.S. portfolio by more than 14 percent compared to a 2009 baseline, equivalent to the avoided emissions of 13,051 passenger vehicles.
- Continuing to develop a multifamily sustainability program, with a focus on multifamily assets and opportunities to use ENERGY STAR tools and resources.
- Increasing the strength of tenant engagement through the ForeverGreen Program, showing improvements in general tenant awareness of property-level environmental practices and programs across all asset classes. The most recent tenant survey showed general tenant awareness of 70 percent for office, 64 percent for retail, and 52 percent for industrial.