Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bentall Kennedy is one of North America’s largest independent real estate investment advisors, serving more than 500 clients across commercial space valued at more than $33.5 billion. This includes more than 130 million square feet of assets in the United States and Canada. Bentall Kennedy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to set and achieve new energy efficiency goals for its portfolio through the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Expanding the use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® in Canada by benchmarking 657 Canadian buildings. In total, Bentall Kennedy is now benchmarking more than 880 eligible offices, industrial buildings, retail properties, and multifamily buildings, representing over 128 million square feet across North America.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR/Energy Efficiency Toolkit that includes benchmarking, energy management best practices, and training on ENERGY STAR tools and resources.
- Earning an ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher for nearly 60 percent of its properties.
- Reducing the energy use of its U.S. portfolio by more than nine percent compared to a 2009 baseline, saving tenants and clients some $55.7 million over that time period and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by more than 168,000 metric tons, which is equivalent to the avoided emissions of 35,500 cars.
- Establishing annual sustainability goals, including focusing on tenant engagement, developing a multifamily sustainability program, and continuing to refine energy tracking and performance.
- Encouraging third-party managers to leverage the value of ENERGY STAR to change occupant behavior.