Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Bentall Kennedy is one of North America’s largest independent real estate investment advisors and serves more than 500 clients across commercial space valued at more than $32 billion. This includes more than 140 million square feet of assets in the United States valued at approximately $10 billion. Bentall Kennedy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to set and achieve new energy efficiency goals for its portfolio through the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 398 eligible offices, industrial buildings, retail properties, and multifamily buildings representing more than 75 million square feet and nearly $23 billion in value.
- Encouraging third-party managers to use the ENERGY STAR Building Upgrade Value Calculator to evaluate building upgrades when applicable.
- Establishing annual sustainability goals, including focusing on tenant engagement, developing a multifamily sustainability program, and continuing to refine energy tracking and performance.
- Earning a 1-100 ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher for nearly 40 percent of its properties.
- Reducing the energy use of its U.S. portfolio by more than nine percent compared to a 2009 baseline, saving tenants and clients some $27.3 million over that time period and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by nearly 160,000 metric tons, which is equivalent to the avoided emissions of 33,000 cars.