Beazer Homes USA, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Beazer Homes USA, Inc. (Beazer Homes) has been building ENERGY STAR® certified homes since 1998 and surpassed the 50,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes milestone in 2017. Beazer Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for committing to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR certified homes and for educating consumers about the benefits of owning an ENERGY STAR certified home. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 5,000 ENERGY STAR Certified Homes in 201,7 for a cumulative total of more than 50,000 homes since joining the program.
- Continuing the successful ‘Show Me the Bunny’ marketing campaign in Houston, showcasing the benefit of a well-sealed and insulated attic relative to the melting point of a chocolate bunny left in the attic.
- Developing an ENERGY STAR-specific training curriculum, in conjunction with Home Energy Rater partners, for use with ongoing training initiatives.
- Reducing air infiltration averages and focusing building science resources on constructing ENERGY STAR certified homes that are significantly more efficient than code-built homes across all markets.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR program across all forms of media, including print and electronic and at all energy efficiency forums attended.