Beazer Homes USA, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Beazer Homes USA, Inc., with operations in 13 states, has been part of the ENERGY STAR® program since 1998. Beazer Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its promotion of and corporate commitment to building only ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 4,700 ENERGY STAR certified homes, while saving more than 10,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions, for a total of more than 43,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes since joining the program.
- Reducing warranty expenses attributed to water intrusion by 65 percent since 2011, which the company attributes to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR certified homes and following EPA’s thermal enclosure and water management system requirements.
- Launching the “Show Me the Bunny” campaign in the Houston Division, which showed the effectiveness of spray foam insulation and its ability to keep homes cool and withstand Texas temperatures. The chocolate bunny did not melt in a Beazer attic!
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified homes with an energy efficiency ad campaign that garnered 1.4 million impressions, as well as homeowner testimonial videos on its YouTube channel.
- Providing more than 5,000 annual post-closing homeowner training sessions and training 200 in-house sales staff, as well as outside real estate agents, on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes.