Beacon Capital Partners, LLC
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Beacon Capital Partners is a private real estate investment firm. Beacon Capital has maintained a longstanding commitment to ENERGY STAR and energy conservation, including the development of several major projects that will drive energy reductions across its portfolio, and promoting the value of ENERGY STAR and energy management to internal staff. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Developing seven trigeneration projects that will each produce 500–750 kilowatts of electricity, roughly 250 tons of chilled water, and reduce the annual emissions of the buildings in which they are installed by 35–40 percent.
- Signing development agreements for three solar carport projects, each of which will produce approximately 30–40 percent of each property’s annual electricity needs.
- Installing 80 new regenerative elevator drives in Beacon Capital buildings, each of which consume as much as 60 percent less energy, to help offset increased elevator usage due to COVID-19 necessitated limited elevator occupancies.
- Reducing HVAC energy use by nearly five percent and overall property energy use by nearly 1 percent due to enhanced attention to water treatment at all properties.
- Updating and continuing to implement its Property Manager/Building Operations Team Handbook; a cornerstone program that educates staff on its energy, sustainability, and environmental programs.
- Recognizing energy management achievements of ten building management team members through its sixth annual Blue Star Energy Awards Contest, which motivates participants to achieve ENERGY STAR related goals.