Beacon Capital Partners, LLC
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Beacon Capital Partners is a tenant-focused private real estate investment firm, totaling over $13 billion in equity and receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recogntion. Beacon Capital has maintained a longstanding commitment to energy conservation and sustainability across its portfolio, leveraging ENERGY STAR tools and resources to communicate with stakeholders and maintaining a high average ENERGY STAR score of 73 across its portfolio. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Installing elevators with innovative regenerative drives in four properties. Regenerative elevator drives capture the heat generated by elevator brakes and convert it into electricity and reduce overall elevator electricity use by around 20 percent.
- Reducing energy use in HVAC pumping and piping systems by five percent through improved water treatment that reduces scaling and corrosion that wastes energy. The savings translates to nearly a one percent reduction in overall property energy use.
- Saving over $500,000 in energy costs by employing it’s no Cost energy savings program at all properties, including utility sub-metering, data analysis, and investigation to identify opportunities.
- Piloting its Solar Film Awareness program, which involved producing informational decals for the windows treated with the technology to increase awareness among tenants on the energy saving features of the property.
- Continuing to update and promote its tenant welcome package that introduces new office tenants to its sustainability priorities, including its commitment to ENERGY STAR.