Beacon Capital Partners LLC
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Beacon Capital Partners LLC is a private real estate investment firm that develops, owns, and operates more than 24 million square feet of commercial office properties in cities in the United States and Europe. Beacon Capital Partners is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for leveraging competitions and awareness campaigns to engage stakeholders, and for its continued implementation of a wide range of energy efficiency measures throughout its portfolio. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Earning a 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher for more than 90 percent of its properties, with an average portfolio score of 85.8.
- Expanding Beacon’s internal recognition, the Blue Star Award, to Beacon’s entire office building portfolio, where building maintenance and management team members compete for the best energy-saving initiative on a national level.
- Continuing the Beacon Tenant Energy Awareness Concierge Program, which conducts individual meetings with new and existing management, and explains the ENERGY STAR Program, the building’s ENERGY STAR benchmark scores and trends, Beacon’s energy programs, and offers a list of potential energy savings opportunities. The program is on its way to being used with the majority of Beacon’s larger tenants, representing more than 15 million square feet.
- Developing the Beacon Tenant Welcome Package, which is sent to new tenants shortly after Beacon purchases a property, and introduces Beacon’s focus on ENERGY STAR, sustainability, and planned energy and sustainability improvements to the property.
- Continuing the “No Cost Energy Savings Program,” which has saved nearly one million kilowatt hours (kWh) per year per property since 2010.
- Forming Tenant Green Teams at several properties, which focus on education and behavioral changes among tenants.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR National Building Competition: BOOTCAMP.